Digitalisation has gained momentum. The first hurdles have been successfully overcome and yet everything could happen so much faster. In order to survive in the competition, one goal at least is clear: in order to use the full market potential, companies must continue to orient themselves efficiently and consistently towards the different online sales channels.
Through digitalisation, manual processes can be consistently simplified, standardised as well as automated and thus resources freed up. This should flank the expansion of E-Commerce offerings and the associated infrastructure as well as the corresponding processes. In addition to an increase in sales and profit, employees and processes can be optimally oriented towards the customer. In addition to increased customer satisfaction, this leads, for example, to a stronger identification with the product and the use of the innovative power of the company’s own employees.
To achieve this goal, strategy and transformation must go hand in hand. In addition to an experienced team with strong implementation skills, all stakeholders at all hierarchical levels must be consistently involved. Furthermore, the organisational design must be consistently aligned with the strategy, the systems must be aligned and consistently planned. The aim is to build on the organisation’s previous capabilities and to integrate the employees into this process. Only in this way is it possible to gradually develop companies towards more agility and digitalisation. To achieve this, a consistent focus on the customer and an open culture of innovation must be established, as shown in Figure 1. It is crucial that the future organisation is able to adapt extremely quickly to new market conditions, while at the same time being able to leave undesirable developments behind.
Figure 1: Transformation from traditional companies to agile and digital companies
In order to implement this transformation in the company, a number of principles must be observed. Firstly, the focus should be consistently on so-called high-impact areas and the focus should be on stakeholder management and IT integration. The most important thing, however, is not to ignore existing structures. They are the basis of current success and lay the foundation for a sustainable and successful development of the company into a more digital and agile world. If this path is followed consistently, a company will use its full market potential and be successful in the long term.
In order to provide you with the best possible support in the course of this transformation, we can offer you the following services, among others:
- Transformation in E-Commerce – that is, transforming companies towards more agility and digitalisation
- Strategic Organisational Design and Governance – that is, optimally aligning the organisational design and governance structure with the online strategy
- Performance Improvement – that is, improving performance holistically and systematically
- Digital Turnaround – that is, determining and immediately implementing effective measures so that the company can successfully master crises
- Lean – Digitalisation of White-Collar – that is, systematically increasing efficiency in the indirect areas
- Digital Operational Excellence – that is, achieving operational excellence through digitalisation